OpenHab 2: Dark Mode
OpenHab Dark Mode:
Hey guys Matt here from MKSmartHouse.com and in this video I am going to show you a secret mode in openHAB.
In this complete guide I will show you how to activate the secret mode in openHAB. The secret mode is dark mode for the basic ui. I found this feature when I was playing around in the openhab settings and noticed that basic ui had some drop downs. I am so glad I found it because I usually have openhab up on one of my monitors and at night it's very blinding. With this dark mode it just blends into the night and I think it looks really cool especially with the glow from the LED Strip behind it.
If you are a smart home enthusiast like me and want to show that you are an Elite Member of the smart home community then check out smarthousesociety.com for premium quality hoodies, shirts and hats. Also, for 24 hours from the time this video goes live you can use the exclusive coupon code “darkmode” and get 10% off your entire order. Supplies and time are limited so check out the link in the description now!
1. Anyway, to activate dark mode first access your web user interfaces. Those that don’t know how to do that type in your your openhab’s ip address:8080 mine is 192.168.0.4:8080.
2. Then click on paper ui.
3. Next click configuration.
4. In the sub menu click services.
5. After in the top navigation bar click UI. You should see all the different user interfaces.
6. We are interested in Basic UI so click its configure button.
7. Next click on the drop down underneath the word theme.
8. Now click on the word dark.
9. Finally click Save. Awesome!
10. Dark mode is now active, so let's check it out. Go back to the web user interfaces and click basic UI.
There you go the beautiful dark mode is loaded up and ready to be used!
If you want to switch back to the default mode just go back through this guide and choose default in the drop down and hit save.
That concludes this complete guide to activating the secret dark mode. In the description you will find links to all the parts and devices used in the video as well as a link to mksmarthouse.com/shop where I have a wide range of smart home kits that you can put together such as blinds, led strips, sprinkler system and door sensors. Alright thank you for watching and If you have any questions leave them in the comments section below or head over to mksmarthouse.com/forum. Good Bye!